GARY L. BARKER, MAI
Akron Appraisal Group, Inc.
526 W. Superior Ave., Suite 455, Cleveland, OH 44114
Direct Dial: 216.367.9690
Professional commercial real estate appraiser since 1993 and co-founder of the Akron Appraisal Group, Inc. Incorporated in 2001 this company appraises commercial real estate for all areas of Northeast Ohio. Clients include banks, owners, developers, attorneys, and government entities. Uses include mortgage financing, estate planning, eminent domain, tax appeal and acquisition/disposition.
Started in real estate as property maintenance assistant at The Ohio State University Property Management Division in 1990. Employment history includes appraisal company, commercial brokerage and a regional bank.
- Certified by the State of Ohio since 1995 as a General Appraiser, #414118.
- Licensed as a real estate salesperson, State of Ohio #2005009010.
- Graduate of The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1992. B.S. in Business Administration with a Double Major in Real Estate and Finance.
General Property Experience:
- Appraisal experience includes millions of square feet each of office, industrial and retail properties. Thousands of apartment units, single family lots and homes including proposed subdivisions. Thousands of acres of land appraised – both raw and developed. Largest properties include land over 1,000 acres, industrial over 1 million SF, office parks over 500,000 SF and retail centers over 300,000 SF. Provided expert testimony for several board of revision hearings (tax appeal).
Specialty Project Consultation:
- Restaurants, religious facilities and aged retail & industrial properties for alternative use.
- Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Youngstown, Ashtabula, Mansfield, Columbus and Dayton.
- Fifth Third Bank, McDonald Hopkins, Nexen Tire, DBSI, US Bank, Charter One Bank, University Circle Incorporated, Twinsburg Township, Interbay Funding.
Organizations & Community Involvement:
- Presiding Judge, Green Precinct 3E – Summit County Board of Elections 2007- present.
- Summit County Sheriff Citizens Academy 2007.
- Baseball Coach – Green Baseball Softball Federation 2007-2008.
- Guest Speaker – CLE International Seminar, Cleveland OH, “Eminent Domain and the Role of the Appraiser” April 2005.
- Volunteer math instructor/tutor for the Akron Public Schools ABLE program 2004-05.
- General associate member of the Appraisal Institute since 1994.
- Education Chairman - Northern Ohio Chapter of the Appraisal Institute. 1997-1999.
My Linked In Profile
- Visit my Linked In Profile